This is not a secret that DevOps services can significantly increase the efficiency of software development by continuous delivery of new code and cloud-based features. DevOps transformation can improve your workflow, reduce costs and make the whole work more efficient. As a result of DevOps implementation, companies increase the competitiveness on the market because of frequent and fast releases.
There are a lot of services that can help you to improve workflow like the following:
- AWS Managed Services
- CI/CD Services
- SRE Services
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Software as s Service
- Platform as a Service
- Docker Container Services
- Container Management
- and many more
But how to choose the appropriate DevOps services for your company? The first question is what DevOps can bring to your project?
How to implement DevOps and what services to choose?
Sometimes it’s hard to understand what DevOps services are needed on your current project. In this case, you can refer to the DevOps consulting company. They will make the assessment and give you recommendations about services. If you want to make DevOps transformation, you have three common ways:
- hire in-house DevOps team
- hire freelance specialists
- refer to the MSP
Let’s have a look at every way and discuss the pros and cons.
- Hiring the in-house team. This is the hardest and longest way. In this case, you need to hire the whole team one by one. This process might take a lot of time and investments to the HR department. With in-house team, you are limited by location and can’t hire engineers from other cities or countries. In-house team can implement DevOps in your company but after that, you will need to fire all of them or pay salaries only for infrastructure management. The other way is to become a DevOps consulting company or Managed Service Provider (MSP) and provide DevOps services for other companies.
- Hiring freelance specialists. In this case, you need to find dedicated specialists and make the team. The main benefit is that you will have access to worldwide expertise and can hire engineers from anywhere. You can work with piecework payment and save costs. The main disadvantage is that you need to spend a lot of time and might have challenges with communications. Also, you might have challenges with team cohesiveness because of distance and different locations.
- Referring to MSP company. Such companies have a deep expertise in DevOps services because they work with different projects and tools. MSP provides a cohesive dedicated team that can make infrastructure assessment and DevOps transformation smooth and efficient. After the DevOps implementation you can cooperate with MSP to manage new infrastructure or communicate with them when you’ll need to implement new features. As a result, you’ll avoid all the disadvantages of previous variants and receive all the benefits for your company.
How to find a reliable MSP?
Manages Service Providers have a wide experience in IT services. Part of them is specialized in DevOps services, so you might have very deep expertise in this area. MSP usually provides a cohesive team that will make a previous assessment of the infrastructure, understand the bottleneck and other challenges and provides a plan of DevOps transformation.
Implementation of a DevOps approach might take a lot of time especially if you work with legacy systems. Usually, it starts with cloud migration and creating CI/CD (Continuous Implementation and Continuous Delivery) pipelines. In any case, you’ll need professionals who can make all the processes in the right way.
The best way to find a reliable MSP is to look for reviews from other companies on Clutch, for example. You’ll find the MSP, pricing and reviews, and will have ability to communicate with the chosen company to decide how to implement DevOps services in your company.